The Papua New Guinea Human Rights Film Festival is celebrating its 10th anniversary and is inviting film makers to submit their films for consideration in its 2019 programme.
As the only major film festival in the country, this annual not-for-profit event offers local and international filmmakers the opportunity to showcase their films to thousands of people, over two months, across four locations in Papua New Guinea, at no cost.
To promote locally made films, the festival strongly encourages the submission of films on PNG and the Pacific region.
To commemorate its 10th anniversary, the festival is seeking to build a programme which reflects on the past decade, and highlights the opportunities for, and responsibility of, all persons to take action today to respect and protect human rights in Papua New Guinea for the future.
For the opportunity to be part of this programme, submit your application below.
- September – October 2019
- Tours four regions: Port Moresby (Southern), Goroka (Highlands) Madang (Momase), Autonomous Region of Bougainville (Niugini Islands)
- We accept feature-length, short films and documentaries
- Must address human rights issues affecting PNG
- No entry fee
- Films produced within past two years preferred
- Films on PNG and the Pacific region are strongly encouraged
Submission Deadline: 1 June 2019